It’s hard to believe it’s that time of year again! If you’re one of the crazies (like me) who LOVES Black Friday shopping, the excitement it starting to build! From early mornings to long lines, coffee breaks to bathroom breaks, Black Friday shopping can be very stressful! Here is a list I’ve complied over the years to make the most out of your shopping experience!
- Wear layers. At some stores, you may be waiting outside while others you’ll be packed inside like sardines. I don’t know about you, but when I don’t plan for the elements, I get pretty cranky!
- Bring an empty medium to large sized plastic shopping bag with you. Keep it in your purse and use when you need to remove a layer of clothing or consolidate small-bagged purchases.
- Don’t forget to eat. Either eat at home or dedicate some time to stand in food lines. Don’t put yourself at risk to faint in Bath & Body Works and miss out on all the fantastic sales!
- Have a plan. About a week before Black Friday, I start cruising through the sales ads, looking for holiday gifts and those special items I’ve been eyeing for months but didn’t bring myself to paying full price. Make a list, paying close attention to time restrictions and map out your path of destruction.
- Go with family and/or friends. Remember, it’s just shopping. Have fun with it and spend time with the people you love! There’s no better way to kill time in the check out line than conversing and laughing with pals!
- Set a budget. It’s easy to get wrapped up in the Christmas songs and sales signs. Don’t let yourself overspend and regret it later!
- Caffeine & Water. Energize and hydrate! It’s going to be a long day!
May the deals be in your favor!